Results tagged ‘ Sky Sox Hot Tub ’
I’ve been tossing around a few ideas about improving the “Fan experience at Coors”. You know me, it’s all about having a good time and making memories.
RANTER’S IDEAS FOR A BETTER COOR’S FIELD FAN EXPERIENCE..PART 1
1. The Sky Sox in Colorado Springs have a hot tub for their fans in their stadium. The Rockies should copy this amazing idea. It could be built over by the bullpens in the grassy waterfall area. If you catch a home run all while soaking in the hot tub you would win a season pass.
2. I’m always hungry at a baseball game. It doesn’t matter if I eat something just before I go inside. A ballpark makes you hungry. They’re designed that way.
I want a really freggin good taco bar as long as it has some sort of state of the art sneeze guard. You know it and I know it, sometimes a big fat taco hits the spot like nothing else. If your a vegetarian/plant killer, just omit the taco meat. If your a vegan,.. your F’ked.
3. I think there should be a master craftsman on hand making actual baseball bats. How cool would it
be to have your own bat created right before your very eyes? You could then run down to the field and try and get a few autographs on it?
The “Bat Man” could demonstrate his craft for all while on display in a protected glass room. Sort of like “The boy in the plastic bubble” except at the end of the day this man can go home and have a nice clean cold crisp “Colorado microbrew” after a hard days labor of love.
4. I think ballplayers should meet and greet the fans as they enter the Stadium. There’s always one or two players who are injured and can’t play. There’s not a damn thing they can do for the team while they’re hurt.
Why not let them perform some “Public Relations work” by saying “Hello” to the fans who help pay their salaries and frequent the ballpark?
UPDATE 1/8/09: I was talking with Dan and apparently the Rockies attempted this a few times last season. I’m not sure how I missed that but I did..Credit where credit is due..Thank you Rockies…D
I believe that would be a win/win situation for a couple of reasons. It lets the injured player feel useful while he’s injured and it gives the fan a more “personal” experience. Imagine entering Coors and having Jeff Francis standing there saying “Welcome to Coors Field” or “Thanks for supporting us”.
If Willie Mays wasn’t too proud to do it, neither should any other player be. It’s the little things that make your experience. I think that would be a nice touch.
5. I’m sorry, Dinger’s sweet and all (kids dig him), but to be honest the Rockies need a mascot that makes a statement when other teams have to play here.
If you had to choose a different species of dinosaur and a new name for the Rockies Mascot, what would you choose?
It may really be time for this folks…Imagine seeing brand new badazz dinosaur mascot on opening day at Coors Field. The place would go nuts. I’m picturing a black purple and silver dinosaur with big mean boney spikes with one hell of an attitude.
I know, I’m thinking so far out of the box I’m driving the UPS truck.
Can you tell I’m ready for some baseball?
One more thing, MLBlogs.com is officially full of Blog names that contain the word Rant. I’m just saying…D