Results tagged ‘ Rockband for Wii ’
I have a few goals that I would like to accomplish in 2009.
I’m not going to call them resolutions, I don’t like that word, it sounds so final.
The wife and I are officially going to quit smoking again. We both have tried to quit numerous times and failed.
I thought by making a big deal my “trying” to quit a few months ago, it would help me.
It didn’t work, I caved like a California sinkhole. I managed to stop for just over a week. I want to quit before my doctor tells me it’s too late.
I’m in good shape, I’m active, but I’ve got a serious lack of lung power. Not a good thing in Colorado.
I know that Mark Newman (mlblogs.com) is a marathon runner. What I didn’t know was he was a smoker until 2006.
That’s freggin amazing. I know he’s a little older than me, so when I read he used to smoke it really hit home with me.
It can be done, he did it. Simple as that.
After I read that I heard my inner voice screaming, “Hey stupid, you’ve been smoking over twenty years, why do you keep letting tobacco kick your butt, your healthy, you’ve got a wife, kids and a grandson who want you around”.
That voice is usually right. What’s clear to me is, the closer you come to the end of your own personal rope, the louder that voice rings inside your head.
So this is the last you will hear from me on the smoking subject. My wife and I have set a quit date of Jan 1, 2009. If you ask, I’ll gladly give you a status report.
2009 is mine, and I’m going to start it off smoke free. Anyone out there, willing to quit with us? Give me a shout if you think your ready. If I can do it, you can.
Ranter’s personal goals for 2009
1. Give up tobacco.
2. Simplify, we decided we’re not going to purchase anything we don’t need this next year, except cable and internet.
3. Finish the backyard. It used to be pretty, but I have three dogs. If your looking for work, I pay a nickel a terd, just ask Hunter.
4. Stretch every morning, sounds silly but it can make or break your day.
5. Eliminate soda, I’m not a huge soda drinker, but I can give this stuff up.
6. Continue to network, make friends, comment on other’s blogs (I read probably 50 blogs a day, but I don’t follow other teams, so sometimes I just don’t have anything intelligent to comment with.
7. Get the VW bus windows sandblasted, back in, and get her ready to paint.
8. Catch a live home run ball at a Rockies game. I know I can do it, it’s all about location. Batting practices are warm-up for the real deal. It’s going to happen, I can feel it🙂
9. Continue to pursue employment with the Rockies. I have a destiny.
10. Snag 100 balls at batting practice, and get Todd Helton’s autograph (I think snagging 100 baseballs at BP will be easier).
11. Have the Road trip to Tucson go off without a hitch, and let it be the best guys vacation ever, I need this vacation.
12. Read a baseball book a month. I work full-time and the wife says I blog full time. I can squeeze in a book a month. Especially if it’s a subject I’m passionate about.
13. Last but not least, be the number one blog on MLBLogs.com for one of the top 50 lists in 2009. I made it as high as three once this season.
What do you think? I’m a realist, so I know not to set my goals too high. I believe I can accomplish these goals.
Our family changed things up this year and were having X-mas dinner tonight. So I’ll be doing nothing but relaxing tomorrow and playing the Rockband on the Wii…
I was out last-minute shopping tonight, it was dead out there.
I really like that 2009 Dodge Challenger. If the automakers are not willing to at least say thank you by coughing up a free or discounted car for everyone who pays taxes in America, then they need to fold like any other business would be ultimately forced to do.
This is America baby, sink or swim bitch.
Your ten years behind on the electric car, WTF were you thinking??
I have this love hate thing with the Yankees.
I love that they are eager enough to aggressively seek out high caliber talent and spend that money, I just hate the fact that they are financially able to do it, money talks.
I’m not true hater, I think I’m more jealous. I wish the Rockies could bankroll a few good players, but who am I kidding.
Folks who don’t live here in Colorado don’t associate this state with baseball. The Rockies just don’t have any history.
Shoot, a lot of locals here don’t think of Colorado as a baseball state. It’s an uphill battle.
2007 helped the Rockies gain a little credibility, but the Rockies lost most of it in the World Series.
I have to tell you I’m surprised every time the Rant makes a top 50 list here on MLBlogs.com. It’s not because I don’t think I can express myself in blog fomat and do it well enough to rank, it’s that the Rockies are not really a big draw to anybody other than Coloradans.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure that there are pockets of Rockies fans scattered throughout this big country.
How do I know this you ask? Go watch a Rockies or Broncos game live when the Phillies, Cubs or Steelers are in town, it’s not a pretty sight.
At times, I have personally seen their sheer numbers drown out Colorado fans. It’s a sad thing let me tell you.
I’ve come to the realization that, the Rant is never going to get the kind of love that an East Coast blog is going to get. Not for lack of creative heart, it just isn’t in numbers.
I can’t compete with population.
I’m ok with that, it doesn’t change my roll whatsoever. I am what I am, and the Rant is what it is.
Merry X-mas all…I’m itching to bust out that RockBand for the Wii…D