Happiness is: Knowing your Growing
Tomorrow night is the 2nd Annual, X-mas get together dinner of the Pavilion season ticket holders at Coors Field. I was working on coming up with a name for this event…I’ll admit, what I have is weak. For a rhyming Ranter, I don’t have much.
Here’s what I’ve got:
1. Rockies Regulars X-mas Bash
2. Pavilion Posse Party or Pavilion Party
3. Pavilion Seat Meet and Eat..My fav.
If they don’t choose any of those, I won’t be offended.
I’ve changed the dates for the Mobile Blogging Units departure for Rockies Spring Training.
Instead of arriving in Tucson at the end of February, we’re going to make it there in time for opening day (Feb, 25th), and catch a bunch of home (Hi-Corbett Field), games during the first week.
That gives me a day and a half road time to make it from Colorado to Tucson.
The MBU will be returning on March 3rd or 4th.
I’ve been playing around with this blog talk radio thing. I think it would be cool/fun if I could do a small internet radio thing at the end of each day in Tucson. Possibly do a few interviews with some folk down in Tucson, or possibly a Minor or Major league star?
Ok, I might be dreaming there, but you never know?
I’m going to try a test show on December 30.
Here’s why I want to do this radio thing. For a good part of my life I was one of those guys who kept stuff bottled up inside.
Nobody knew how I felt or what I was thinking unless I wanted them to.
I can tell you from experience, that’s not a good way to live. See, I Rant to help keep from getting mad.
Here is what I have managed to accomplish this last year:
I wanted to have a permanant record of our baseball collection for reference someday.
Secondly, I needed a place to vent the things that annoy me in my daily life. MLBlogs.com was a perfect match and the Rockpile Rant was born.
2. I got on an airplane, and stayed on. Say what you want to, this was by far my biggest accomplishment of the year.
3. I’ve expanded my circle of friends. It’s not easy to be my friend. I’ve had the same buddies for 20+ years. I don’t trust many, and you only get a couple of chances with me. I guess that explained my small circle of friends.
I trust them, every one of them and they trust me. It’s cool when you have that.
Now I find meeting new people not to be scary or uncomfortable (there are exceptions), I find it to be interesting and rewarding.
Thanks to all of you who comment on the Rant. I plan to spend the next year being a better commenter backer.
I’m not sure exactly at what point this year the change happened, but it happened, and is still happening. I’m not all the way there yet, but I can tell you it’s hard to be shy at a baseball game when your the Rockpile Ranter…This leads me to # 4.
4. I plan to dabble in the Blog Internet talk radio as a way of overcoming a fear of public speaking. I will be doing a 15 minute call-in segment on December 30th at 9 pm Colorado time. Just in time to say I did it before the end of the year. I’ll post all the links and stuff soon. Do me favor, if you listen, don’t expect much. As with blogging, the more you do it, the better you get…and the first one’s going to suck I’m sure. I just need to do it. I’ll have cool music, and maybe snacks.
5. I got to pretend I worked for the Nuggets. That was something I will always remember. Thank you B.
6. I made it through another year of being a husband and a father and a (young) grandfather.(I miss you Mason). It can be hard work, but it’s a labor of love
I’m using you MLBLogs.com. I’m using you to become a better person…D